According to the ‘Advaita’ philosophy, everything is but the manifestation of the ‘One’ consciousness. The whole universe is nothing but manifestation of ‘One’ formless and nameless all-pervasive infinite intelligent energy which expresses itself through millions of forms – living and non-living.
Is there any truth in these ancient ‘beliefs’?
Quantum physics says that, “Our observation of reality changes the reality.” Scientists have come to a conclusion that, however hard one may try, it is impossible to completely isolate the observer from the ‘observed’. This means that at some subtle level the observer is always connected to the ‘observed’.
Scientists have also proved the existence of so-called ‘God Particle‘. In layman’s language it is the smallest basic particle from which everything is made. This means everything is made from the same thing. This means everything is same or connected at some level. All human beings, all living and all non-living things are connected.
Many a times we get a glimpse of this connectedness:
(1) Sometimes it so happens that, just before our close friend is going to say something, we know the exact words he/she is going to utter. As if, we know as soon as those words are formed in his/her mind……or…..are both the minds connected at some level?
(2) Have you ever ventured out on streets amidst mass protests or mob violence? There is a marked shift in our mental attitude and thoughts when we go near people engaged in Mass Protests or violence. Even a normal law-abiding and docile person feels like taking part in violent acts when he goes near a violent mob. This shows that the collective consciousness of the mob affects the individual mind.
(3) Scientists say that even plants respond to our strong emotions. That means that, somewhere there is a connection between our consciousness and the plants’ consciousness.
(4) Have you ever thought – Why sugar is sweet for everyone? Why the sky is blue for everyone? How come my definition of ‘sweet’ and ‘blue’ is same as your experience? … and so on. Is it because the same consciousness is smelling, tasting, seeing and experiencing itself through everyone?
(5) All the scriptures say that GOD is omnipresent & omniscient. That means there is something which is connecting everything.
(6) Sometimes we can get intuition of exactly what is going to happen in future and it comes true.
Intuition is nothing but the ability to see in the future. This ability indicates that there is some unknown part of our existence which is not bound by time and space. At some rare moments in life, we can transcend time & space and perceive what is going to happen in the future. This means at some deep level we are connected with something which is all-pervading and all-knowing.
This ‘something’ which is all-pervading can be called as ‘the Self’ or ‘the Big Mind’ or the “Guru tatwa“. It is the substratum of all beings. It is all-knowing, omnipresent and not bound by time and space. It has got infinite intelligence and has infinite organizing capability.
If this ‘Big Mind’ is present everywhere then what prevents me from readily perceiving it? What comes in between ‘me’ and the ‘Big Mind’?
It is the ‘me’, my small ‘I’, my ego sense or my small mind which comes in between.
I feel that I am separate from this ‘Big Mind’ because of my ego sense, thoughts, different concepts, impressions in mind and mental agitations due to desires, fears, attachments, entanglements, lust, greed, jealousy, anger and so on.
Root cause of all the misery and all the problems in this world is this feeling of separateness from the ‘Big Mind’, the ‘Guru tatwa‘.
With regular practice of Yoga, Pranayama, Sudarshan Kriya® and Meditation, our level of awareness increases. Then we become more and more aware of this connectedness. Our intuitive power develops. We feel more belonging-ness with everyone and everything. We start becoming more and more useful to others. We become more and more responsible. Sorrow diminishes from life, joy increases, talents blossom, knowledge flourishes, abundance dawns and life becomes a celebration.